Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A House Divided

What happens when you have one person who grew up in St. Louis and one person who grew up in Chicago who get married and live in St. Louis for 12 years and then move back to Chicago? A Cubs fan rooting for the Cardinals and then Cardinals fans rooting for the Cubs. A tragedy, I know. (Ok, Daddy didn't actually root for the Cardinals this year, but in past years he has.). Liana and Gigi proudly display a Cardinals banner in their room and are now shouting "Go Cubs!" Gah-koe wears his "Cardinal bird" shirt every chance he gets. He too shouts "Go Cubs!" (Though to be fair, during the NLDS he changed who he was rooting for daily). Mommy doesn't want the Mets to win, but also secretly wants the Cubs to win because she likes Back to the Future. So where does that leave me? I technically only lived in St. Louis for a year and a half (though there was a Cards World Series run during my time there) so when people ask me where I'm from, I'm not going to say St. Louis. I do love me some toasted ravioli and gooey butter cake, but Chicago style pizza is far superior to St. Louis style. Except for the provel. Provel, or "snake cheese" as our family calls it, is one of the best things to come out of St. Louis. If only...dare I say it...a Chicago style pizza with provel cheese! Could it be done? Is it complete sacrilege? Can you even get provel cheese in the Chicago area?

Ok, Aunt Louie and Uncle Sock, next time you visit us from St. Louis, you need to bring some provel cheese and we are doing it. Mom actually made a pretty rocking Chicago style pizza the other night for the game, so we have the crust covered--just need the cheese!

Anyway, back to baseball. I don't really care who wins. Most of the games are after my bedtime anyway, and the ones I am awake for I'm going to be a parrot and say whatever everyone else is saying. So, go Cubs!

That's not pizza on my face, just cookie butter, which is actually even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment