Thursday, February 14, 2013

Making Adjustments

I have to say, 3 is turning out to be a pretty good year so far. My mane has been shorn, so I don't have the weight of all those curls slowing me down anymore--also, people haven't been calling me a girl quite as often. I have almost double the number of trains I used to have (thank you to relatives for my birthday and for craigslist)--they come with me everywhere I go in my special train basket. Plus, with the baby around, I can get away with pretty much whatever I want. Candy for breakfast? Mom's busy trying to feed Amira, make lunches and get the girls out to the bus. Thomas/train videos on YouTube? Mom's feeding Amira and falling asleep on the couch (I highly recommend all the videos by YouTube sensation leokimvideo). GoGurt and chocolate milk for lunch? Mom's working on the computer and feeding Amira. Basically, Amira is always eating, therefore always attached to Mom, therefore I can do whatever I want. And I know where Mom hides all the step stools, so I can reach anything and everything.

Of course, there are downsides to this newly found freedom. Mom always being attached to Amira means I don't get as much one-on-one attention as I used to. Remember, the girls (the big ones) are at school eight hours a day so it was Mommy-and-me time all day every day. I like to think I'm handling this in a mature way. When Mom's doing her work, I take piles of paper off her desk and throw them around the room. When Mom's feeding Amira, I get up in Amira's face and say how cute she is and then whack her in the head. In the late afternoon when I'm feeling especially neglected I take all my clothes off, yell "all naked," and run crazily around the house (this also usually involves peeing or pooping on the floor because they can't possibly expect me to use the potty with all these changes going on). At bedtime I like to lock myself out of my bedroom and then cry in the hallway as Mom tries to get the door unlocked. Also, many trains get thrown at many people's heads.  I think you can say I'm adjusting well.

So, with all this extra time on my hands for causing havoc, I would like to announce the opening of my Twitter feed. Yes, I found the Twitter. It will be awesome.

Contemplating my next move.

No comments:

Post a Comment