Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

I know today was a very exciting day for everyone. No, not because of the Super Bowl (that was only mildly entertaining--I mostly enjoyed dancing at the halftime show)...because it was my birthday! This was my first birthday, but even though I didn't have any experience with it, I think it did a pretty good job. People told me happy birthday and gave me hugs and kisses and I smiled and looked cute for them--nothing too difficult about that. Then they took my clothes off, put me in my high chair, and put a cupcake in front of me. I did a spectacular job at this part. I got almost the whole cupcake in my mouth and managed to eat all of mine before everyone else, even with the girls screaming about how messy I was. I don't think I was being messy--I was just enjoying the cupcake on many different sensory levels.

We had a good turn-out for the party. Grandma Lynn and Grandpa Howie came in for the weekend, and then we also had Nana, Gaga, Aunt Louie and Casey (Uncle Sock is in Mexico getting his archaeology on). We also got Aunt Rin on Skype so everyone could have a chance to revel in my cupcake-eating glory. And glorious it was. I should have a birthday every day.

Thank you to everyone who wished me happy birthday on my Mom's and Dad's Facebook pages. You all are awesome! I'm feeling the love! I wish you all could have been here to celebrate with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment