Thursday, September 8, 2011

Huge Applause for the Simple and the Mundane

My parents make me laugh.  I do something really simple and they act like I have developed cold fusion.  I have two examples for you from today.

1.  After I was released from my really cool frog booster seat after dinner, I took my plate over to the trash, dumped the contents, and then put the plate in the sink.  Not a huge deal right?  My mom was awestruck. She directed my dad's attention to my table bussing and she kept saying how great I was.  It was not hard to do; I like throwing things away.

2.  I like playing around the toilet.  There, I said it.  It is usually a quiet and peacful location.  My mother took this as meaning that I was ready to use the potty.  She went into the garage and grabbed the Family Potty Training Certified Thrown.  After a long afternoon playing I wanted to take a break so I sat down.  She started cheering for me.  I was just sitting.  Later, I was forced to show off to Dad that I can sit on a training potty.  Big deal.  I decided to amaze my parents.  I had already pooped on the floor after dinner, thus I was not wearing a diapper.  Mom walked me to the potty, sat me down and encouraged me to poop in the potty.  I was turtleheading so I just let it go.  Everyone started cheering.  Liana started to cry because she missed it and Gillian kept running around yelling, "Asher pooped in the potty!"  I poop most days, what is the big deal on where I did it?  After the poop excitement died, I walked back into the WC and sat down and peed.  It was liked I peed out the King, Elvis Pressley,  I have never seen my mom so excited.  I pee and/or poop in my diaper, on the floor, or the train table all the time, what is the big deal?

So, I guess when cute babies do things that everyone else can do super easily, it is awesome, and I am super awesome so that makes it extra awesome.  I need to think about what I am going to do next to blow my mom's mind.  Maybe when she is on the computer I will take the keys and go pick up Gillian from school.  I just need to figure out how to get my super stinky feet down to the pedals.  Curse you toddler bone structure, you have foiled another of my master plans....

No comments:

Post a Comment