Monday, September 5, 2011

My First Sleepover

I'm 19 months old tomorrow, so you would think that I would have had a sleepover by now. My sisters get sleepovers with Nana and Gaga all the time. You would be wrong though. I guess my parents are afraid of letting me have any fun. It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that I still insist on nursing every night before I go to bed. Or my lack of sleeping through the night. Or my middle-of-the-night super freak outs (think, screaming, head banging, snot flying everywhere) that can go on for hours (my record is four) before I get that boob back. I'm a pretty easy going guy during the day, but during the night I want what I want and I want it 10 minutes ago.

Last night, though, I finally got my chance to take part in the slumber party fun. Mom never gets Dad anything for his birthday because she never wants anything herself and can never think of anything that other people would want. This year she decided to surprise him and got a night in a fancy hotel with no kids. (A night with no kids doesn't sound like fun at all!) So that meant it was party time with Nana and Gaga, and Aunt Rin and Aunt Louie.

It was awesome. Going to Nana and Gaga's house is awesome anyway because they have the huge staircase that I love to sneak up. Plus they have un-baby-proofed cabinets and electronic gadgets. We made pizza and watched movies. I got to play trains with Gaga (he's a huge train nerd and I love anything with wheels). Then it was bed time, and what did I do? I went to bed with very little fuss and slept all night until 8:30 in the morning. See, I can do it. I just choose not to.

In the morning we got donuts for breakfast and took Nana to the Walmart clearance aisle. It's fun to go shopping with Nana. I have a new firetruck now.

So, that's my first sleepover. I say it was a success.

P.S. A shout out to Tropical Storm Lee, aka my biggest fan. You'll always be a hurricane in my book.

Don't bother me unless you want to cuddle.


No comments:

Post a Comment