Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Daddy on the Bus Says...what?

I go to what my sisters call "baby school" once a week with my mom. It's pretty awesome. I get to hang out with a bunch of other dudes my age. We parallel play with cars, steal the grocery cart from each other, throw balls, and make big huge messy art projects our moms would never allow at home. We also have music class as part of the morning. I'm not as interested in music class as you might think--I would rather stay in the classroom with the huge bucket of cars. There are a couple xylophones that have wheels on them though, so that usually keeps me occupied.

My beef today is with the lyrics to a song we usually sing: "The Wheels on the Bus." You all know the song, so I don't have to explain it to you. So, the mommies on the bus say "I love you." Fine, that's accurate. Then, the grandmas on the bus (we have a lot of grandmas who come to baby school) say, "I love you more." I can handle that too. Then we get to the daddies, and what do they say? "Way to go." What? Why can't the daddies say some version of "I love you" also? My daddy says "I love you" all the time. Maybe whenever the song was first invented (or when our music teacher was little), daddies were too macho to say "I love you," but I don't think that's the case anymore.  I wonder if we would say that if a daddy was actually at school with us? Hmmm...I might have to see if I can experiment.

Don't box me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment