Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Sisters are Famous Artists (aka, "We Love You, Parry Gripp!")

In the past I've written about my family's love for the musical genius of Parry Gripp (you can see the posts here and here). I mean, for those of you who know us well, you know that "Space Unicorn" is basically our family's theme song and the girls will often break out their "marshmallow lasers." You can also ask Gillian how a space unicorn says "Shabbat Shalom." Well, the love has reached a new level. My parents finally got it together enough to help the girls enter one of Parry Gripp's drawing requests, and the girls not only drew pictures of "Slushy the Slushball," but they made it into the video. I have to warn you that "Slushy" is a Christmas song, but it's about a slushball. And how can you not love a slushball? Check out the video below. Gillian's drawing is at 0:45 and Liana's is at 0:52.


In case this is is your first exposure to Parry Gripp, be prepared to be astounded and amazed. If you decide you love him and want more, here are some recommendations:

I love "Fuzzy Fuzzy Cute Cute" (I like to pretend to fall asleep at the end like the bunny), "Boogie Boogie Hedgehog," "Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom" (there's a car in it), and "Hamster Yawning in Your Face" (I also like yawning in your face).

Gillian's favorite is "Robot Dog is Coming Home," much to Liana's dismay. Liana can't stand Robot Dog, but Gillian loves it because there's a picture of Robot Dog marrying Space Unicorn.

Mom is partial to "Chicken Tender," despite the misspelling at the beginning. Say "hinky dinky do!"

Dad likes "Overweight Hedgehog."

This is just to get you started. Every song is amazing. I hope that I have enlightened you.


No comments:

Post a Comment