Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gillian = Iron Chef

As Jews, food is very important to us.  This is currently a season where it is very acceptable to fry anything and call it a holiday tradition.  I am enjoying Hanukah.  We have had latkes two out of three days so far and there will me more in the future.  This is a great season.  Food part is going swimmingly I would have to say.

The gift part is not so much.  I think my mom must think I am a dummy.  Liana and Gillian have been getting night gowns, cool blanket characters, Littlest Pet Shop, and thumb print art and ink pad.  They are loving Chanuka.  Ask me what I got, I dare you.  My haul equals an activity book that is not age appropriate, a blanket that I had already gotten when I was younger, and two books taken from the bag of out-of-circulation books in my room (one about learning to pee).  My mom must think I do not realize this, but I do.  I act excited because you want me to be.  I would enjoy a new car though.  Does not neet to be fancy, but I would enjoy heated seats.  Apparently if you play a certain tune, a gift-wrapped Lexus appears in your driveway.  Dad, play that funky music!

Back to food.  Gillian's preschool class made a cookbook.  "We are good cookers!" The Lizard's told their teachers how to make their favorite foods.  This is Gillian's:

Brownies by Gillian
Ingredients:  Chocolate in a box, 2 eggs, 3 butters, 1 cup of milk.
Directions:  Crack the eggs in a bowl.  Pour in the milk.  Put the chocolate in the milk and melt it.  Put it in a bowl and stir it wth a big spoon.  Scoop it into a pan.  Put it in the oven - make it kind of hot.  Cook it for 12 hours.  Use mitts to get it out.  Cool them and cut them.  Then you eat them.  They taste good!
MMMMMMMMMMM.  Burnties!  Here are two of our other favorites. 
Turkey
Ingredients: 2 eggs, a little bit of yogurt, some bones, turkey
Directions: Mix it all and put it in the oven.  The oven should be a little hot, not hot-hot.  Use gloves, like my mom has, or outside gloves, to get it out.  You have to cut it with a sharp knife.  Put it on a plate with honey mustard and ketsup and then you eat it. 
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:  1 cup sugar, 5 cups pudding, 2 eggs, 3 cups milk, 7 chocolate chips
Directions:  Mix all the things together in a bowl with a spoon.  If you put it in a blender it will all pop out.  Scoop it with a spoon and put all the big dots on a pan.  Put it in the oven at 40 degrees for 40 hours.  Take them out - use big gloves.  Blow on them then eat them.
I hope you are all having a great holiday season and not letting your four year olds do the seasoning.  I love word play!


No comments:

Post a Comment