Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Birthday Recap/Happy Bris Day!

Some of you have been wanting to hear more about my birthday, so now you're going to get it. I know many of you are celebrating Valentine's Day today, so I wish a happy Valentine's Day to you all. Unfortunately I will never be able to celebrate Valentine's Day the way most of you do because it is a different kind of anniversary for me. It was a day I lost part of myself, a day of unspeakable pain, a day when I was eight days old and my parents threw a party so a bunch of strangers could watch part of my penis get cut off. Yes, that was my first Valentine's Day.

Anyway...back to my birthday, also known as Super Asher Day (we celebrated my birthday on the 5th during the Super Bowl instead of the 6th, since it was a Sunday and everyone was available). The theme for the food was Ashertizers, involving many different chips and dips (and you know how I love dipping) and chicken wings, which are awesome.  The rest of the party was planned by Gillian. It involved a pinata (or, as Gillian calls it, a pee-yan-ta), Thomas the Train hats, car glow sticks, whistles, and Pez. Basically, my Nana let Gillian loose at Party City. It was pretty cool. How can it not be an awesome time when you get to whack a paper Lightning McQueen with a stick until candy falls out?

Now on to my gifts. My first gift was from Aunt Rin. It was a Thomas. I did not pay attention to the rest of my gifts that evening. The next day, I looked at the rest of my haul. Mom gave me a Nyan Cat scarf and mittens that she made (I love that Nyan Cat). I like them and I sing the song when I see them, but I'm still afraid to wear the mittens, even though I love mittens. I also got Muppets pajamas from Aunt Lou. I'll be styling in them if I ever grow into 2t clothes (I still wear 18 months--I'm a wee one--Liana was already in 3t at this age). Then I got two boxes in the mail from Uncle Jack and Aunt Lisa. I never get mail, so you can imagine how excited I was. I opened the smaller box first, which contained four little cars, and I was so happy and went off on my merry way. Then Mom started opening the big box but I didn't want to pay attention because I was too busy with my cars. I finally glanced back and saw the most awesome thing ever--Zig the Big Rig--a truck that can hold all my little cars! I love cars!

So, it was a pretty awesome birthday.

Here are the mittens and scarf Mom made me:



My cake (made out of mini cupcakes):

 And more party pictures:
Which is better? Box of matches or cupcake?

Pinatas are more fun without pants.


Liana's big sister present: "Oh, I thought you said 'I am a moose!'"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment