Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

I know that I do not have much experience with this matter, but this has certainly been my best year ever!  I have had such joy this year that has been shared with all my loyal followers.  First of all, my NCAA Brackets worked flawlessly and I won big at the office pool.  That was a great way to get started.

Also, I was born, so that makes it a pretty awesome year for everyone!

I know my posts have been few and far between lately, so I'm hoping to start getting back on track. What's been going on with me? Well, there have been a lot of sick people in my family--aka, everyone has been sick. I think we keep passing it back and forth to each other. Gillian and I have been trading who has a fever for about two weeks. She gets one for a couple days, I get one for a couple days. At least she's sharing, right?

I had an exciting day on Friday--my first New Year's Eve Day. It started with tornadoes. None actually came to our house, but we were in the basement for quite a while, and the girls were freaked out. Then, just as the weather was calming down and we were getting ready to go to Nana and Gaga's house for our New Year's Eve bash, I knocked over a TV tray. If only that were the end of it. As it was falling, I fell on top of it. And where did my finger go? In between the legs as they were closing. Mom was right by me (Gillian was on her head, which was why she didn't stop me from getting to the TV tray in the first place), and Dad rushed in, but it took them awhile to get the legs to open. When my finger came out, it was flat. Now maybe if I could remember my bris I would say that was the worst pain I've ever experienced, but since I thankfully cannot remember that day, I have to say that my flat finger was the worst pain I've ever experienced. Luckily, we were going to Nana and Gaga's house where there is a neonatologist and an almost pediatrician, so my bad hand was in good hands. Nothing was broken except some skin, and the normal chunkiness returned to my finger shortly after the incident.

Now, a funny story, so I don't have to leave you with thought of my flat finger. We were in the car today after taking Aunt Rin to the airport. Liana and Gillian are in the back row of the van, and I am in the middle row rear-facing, so I can watch them. They were mad at each other, as usual. Here is what happened:

Gillian: <picks her nose.> Liana, do you want to eat my booger?
Liana: Mom, Gillian is making me eat her boogers!
Mom: <laughs> Gross!
Gillian: <eats the booger> I ate it!
Liana: Yuck!
Gillian: Yum! It's in my tummy!

Then she starts making up a song about eating boogers.

That's my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment