Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Great Grandpa Bernie!

Today was my Great Grandpa Bernie's 88th birthday party! We were sorry that we couldn't be there to celebrate with him this weekend, but we hear he had a great party. Of course, you can't really have a party unless I'm around. You can't blame them for trying though.

I wanted to apologize for the blog hijacking that happened on Friday. It was embarrassing, I know. My sister's just don't have the vocabulary and eloquence that I have. I guess they hacked into my account when I was sleeping. I knew they had been learning how to use the computer, but I didn't know they were that good. I'm sorry you had to be subjected to that.

And now, a story.  We were at Nana and Gaga's house last night and we were getting ready to go home. It was late, so the girls were crabby, but they were trying to stall. Liana found a book that she wanted to take home with her. Gillian picked an orange out of the fruit bowl and announced that it was her new best friend and that she wanted to take it home and sleep with it. Mom was tired and didn't think it was worth fighting, so we got in the car and Gillian snuggled up with her orange. By the time we got home, Gillian had fallen asleep, so Mom picked up her and her orange and started carrying her to bed. On the way, she started talking in her sleep, "Where's my orange? Where's my best friend?" Mom showed it to her and tucked it in to bed with her. Sometime during the night, Gillian joined the rest of the family in Mom and Dad's bed. When Mom and Dad woke up this morning, what did they find snuggled up with them? Yes, 3 children, but also, the orange! She attempted to eat her best friend later today, but failed because, as she said, "It was too squishy."  I guess that is what happens when you sleep with citrus.

That's all for now.  Happy birthday Great Grandpa Bernie!

"No Lee, I am not walking, but I am kicking!"

No comments:

Post a Comment