Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mmmm...tacos

Mr. Surly has been out for most of the day today. (See, stealing every possible toy from every possible kid at playgroup today, throwing self on floor in every possible location, screaming for the whole 15 minutes in the carpool line, and general all-around surliness.) Then we had dinner. The best dinner ever. Tofu tacos (click here for recipe). This is a fairly regular dinner in our family, so it's about time I shared the joy. Usually I pick my favorite parts out of meals and throw the rest on the floor, but I eat every part of these awesome tacos. (I did end up throwing some on the floor at the end of the meal, as well as my plate--you should have seen the coleslaw fly when the plate hit the ground--but I was Mr. Surly today, so I couldn't go soft.) Even Gillian likes the coleslaw (though she calls it salad and she loves everything about salad in general). Liana, of course, won't try any of it, and she does not know what she's missing. So, I implore you, do yourselves a favor and treat yourselves to a delicious and nutritious dinner. You'll never go back.

P.S. We usually don't use the cheese or salsa verde, and you can just spray the skillet to cook the tofu instead of brushing the tofu with olive oil. Also, make extra coleslaw. You won't regret it.

P.P.S. No new photos to share. My parents are being lazy with the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment