Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Labor Day! (Again, a Day Late)

It is fitting that yesterday was Labor Day, since it was the seven month anniversary of the day my mom was in labor with me. That was a fun day, with being born and all. Yesterday was a fun day too. The fam went apple picking, so I got to experience my first tractor ride and first taste of apples. Delicious! Of course, I still don't have teeth, and the parents didn't bring their food processor with them, so all I got to do was suck on the apples, but that was enough to get an idea of the sweet, juicy goodness that is fresh-picked apples.
Here I am on the day I was born.
On a somber note, my family would like to express our condolences to the family of Assaf L. I never got the chance to meet him, but my parents have known him since he was little, and my sisters met him last summer. He was a wonderfully sweet soul who had the best smile and just brought joy wherever he went. He has left us way too soon, but the time he did spend here will always be a blessing to those who knew him. He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment