Monday, September 27, 2010

Sleepless Nights

Sleeping on Addie at The Lumberjack Show. 
I know there is a joke here I am missing.
Leave a comment with a better caption.
There might be a prize for the best one...
Sorry for my absence this past week. It has been busy around here with all the holidays and Dad's IEPs and just general busy-ness. There also has not been a lot of sleeping going on around our house, which makes the busy days all that much harder. On any given night, I can be found sleeping in a variety of places--my crib, Mom and Dad's bed, and Gillian's bed. Mom and Dad's bed is my favorite because I get to snuggle with Mom and Dad, except for when Gillian and Liana are already there. If Gillian and Liana are already in Mom and Dad's bed, then I don't want to join that mattress of terror. I don't know if I would make it out alive--with all the kicking, sleep-talking, and blanket-stealing that goes on between the two of them. That's when I go to Gillian's bed with mom, and that's pretty nice too. Gillian's bed still has railings so I don't have to worry about falling out, and it is nice to get mom to myself sometimes. Mom and Dad know these are my sleeping preferences, so I don't know why they always insist on starting my nights in my crib.

Is there something behind me? 
OH NO!  It is The Frog!
The crib is where my nemesis, The Frog, lives. I do not know if he was Black Ops, MI6, French special forces (I know that sounds funny, but they must have one), or even from some North Korean secret policeman, but somehow he lives in my crib now.  The Frog is an ever-smiling monstrosity with a stomach that glows orange as it repeatedly sings "Twinkle Twinkle" and a plethora of other lullabies. The glowing has to be the source of its power, like Iron Man-- or some kind of mind control device. I've tried to resist it, but its powers are too strong and it makes me fall asleep. Luckily, when I wake up two hours later it has usually fallen asleep too. Mom and Dad seem to be able to control it, but I usually let them know I don't want to have anything to do with it during the night, which is how I get my way and get into their bed. They poke him in the chest which seems to wake The Frog from his slumber and then they give him a secret handshake which must give him his orders.  He is an ever vigilant adversary which I will one day  destroy. 

By the way, I am getting tired.  Tonight I will be ready.  Maybe tomorrow morning I will try a new food....   FROG LEGS!  HA HA HA HA HA (I am so tired)



No comments:

Post a Comment