Monday, August 15, 2011

The Return of Sottie

You might remember my story about my sister's Zhu Zhu Pets and how they called the one named Spottie, Sottie. If you don't remember, go read it. Today I have a story about how all things come around. The Spottie/Sottie situation has become a joke in my family. People are always saying, "Oh, you mean Sottie!" because it is really funny. For some reason my parents forgot to pack the Zhu Zhu Pets for camp, so I had to go the whole summer without my three little buddies (before camp I had acquired my own Zhu Zhu Pet Azer--he's actually a Kung Zhu Ninja). When we got home I found Nugget and Spottie right away (Azer is still in Ninja mode and nowhere to be found) and started chasing them. I could spend all day following those little guys around. My sisters were making lots of noise, either cheering me on to help me catch the Zhu Zhus or cheering the Zhu Zhus on to get away from me. Then, my parents started making fun of my sisters again by yelling, "Go Sottie," "No, you mean Sottie," "Oh, Sottie," etc. Out of nowhere, Liana, in her most annoyed teenager-like voice, said, "It's Spottie." Suddenly everyone stopped (except the Zhu Zhus because they never stop) and just looked at each other. Mom and Dad made Liana say a bunch of other words like star, school, stop, etc, and she could say every one. All of a sudden, those s-blends clicked and she could speak like a real person!

Now I need to start working on speaking like a real person. I do say the essentials--cookie, cup, up, ball, woof, mama--but most other things still come out ga. I'll keep you posted on those developments.

In other news, Liana started kindergarten today! And for some reason, Liana being gone all day makes Gillian nice. I made it until 4:30 today without getting hit, kicked, or sat on. I could get used to this.


No comments:

Post a Comment